Once your company has been registered you will have to download your company’s MOI documents from the CIPC website. Follow these instructions and you will be done in a matter of minutes. A screenshot will be placed after each step to show you the page the step relates to.
The process is a two-part process:
1. Customer registration
2. Downloading MOI
1. Open your internet browser (Preferable Google Chrome). Go to the CIPC website: www.cipc.co.za.
2. Click on the green on-line transacting button in the right top corner.
3. Click on the customer registration button on the bottom of the left sidebar.
4. Select whether you have a South African ID document or not. These instructions have been prepared based on the assumption that you have a South African ID document.
5. Complete your ID number and Surname and click continue.
6. Your personal details will reflect on the top of the screen. Now complete the rest of your personal details and then click register. DON’T CLOSE YOUR BROWSER AFTER THIS STEP!
7. You are now registered on CIPC and will receive a confirmation email to confirm your registration. This is not the end of the registration process. Click on continue.
8. You will now be prompted to select a security question and a password for your customer account. Please save this information on a secured place. You will not be able to reset your account without this information. Click on UPDATE once you have completed the required fields.
9. The registration process is now complete and you can close your browser and return later if desired. Alternatively proceed to the next step by pressing continue.
Downloading your MOI
10. After pressing continue or logging back into your CIPC account you will be taken to the below screen. On this screen select the CERTIFICATES AND DISCLOSUREA TAB to proceed.
11. On the enterprise disclosures page please select the MOI INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS option.
12. A detailed list of all the companies you are a registered director / incorporater will appear. Select the company you require the MOI / Incorporation documents for and allow the website some time to gather your information. Once your company information has been gathered the company’s directors’ infromation and a generate certificate option will appear at the bottom of the page. Ensure this is the correct company before pressing the GENERATE CERTIFICATE button.
13. After pressing the generate certificate button the following screen will appear. The documents have been sent to your email account and you can download them from there.
The email you receive from CIPC will contain the following documents:
- Welcome letter
- Registration / disclosure certificate – COR14.3
- Notice of incorporation – COR14.1
- Notice of incorporation – Initial directors – COR14.1A
- Memorandum of incorporation – COR15.1A
Please sign where signatures are required and keep documents safe, you do not need to return the signed documents back to CIPC.
Thank you for following our step by step instructions on retrieving your company registration documents from CIPC. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance or have any inquiries.